Saturday, December 22, 2007

Home for Christmas

Finally! Chris is home. We didn't think he'd return from his business trip until Christmas eve, and I really, really wanted him to be able to spend all of Christmas with us - both Christmas eve and Christmas day. To my great joy, he was able to come back last night. He actually arrived around 2 AM this morning. I was sleeping, but he woke me up and through my groggy fog I could hardly believe that he was standing there smiling at me. Surely, I thought, this has to be a dream. But it wasn't, and it's not.

He's been traveling constantly for the last month and a half, and I've been missing him so very much. He's been home a couple days here and there, but mostly he's been on the road. I know that what I go through can't begin to compare with what military wives go through, but knowing how blessed I am does not make me miss him less or ease the strain of daily life without him.

And so we go into Christmas with the blessing of having him home a couple days earlier than expected, and the two Reed girls (Willow Grace and myself) could not be happier (or merrier).

Here's Willow Grace getting ready for Christmas.

No comments: