Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stacked Up

We have been caught in a flurry of activity as of late: various outings with the nephews, baby showers, doctor appointments, packing the apartment, painting the nursery, general errands, family visits, and of course there’s our jobs…. Most of the hard stuff has fallen on Chris. I am not allowed to do much, or someone will fuss at me. Mostly the fussing comes from Chris or Mom when I try to do a little more than they think I should. (They’re right, by the way, but I’m stubborn and want to be Super Woman.) I’ve also gotten a little fussing from the doctor as well. (Yes, I’m resting and elevating my feet and staying off of them. Yes, I’m drinking my water and sleeping on my left side.)

I’ve been very busy for the last several days with writing thank you notes for the baby showers I’ve had as of late, three in the last three weeks which meant about 75 thank you notes! This baby is going to be well cared for. We now have almost everything we need and more blankets than we will ever need. However, all of the stuff is with Mom or Donitta, my mother-in-law, because our apartment is still in a state of chaos.

We’re finally having the new carpet laid tomorrow. Thank God! That really, really needed to happen before the baby arrived. All the stuff in our apartment has been mostly packed up and is ready to move. We’re getting a U-Haul today to put a lot of it in, and the rest of it is stacked in the hall bathroom. I know it seems crazy to get a U-Haul when we’re not actually moving, but there’s just not much else we can do. There’s nowhere else to put all of the electronics and boxes of stuff that has to be moved before the

Last night Chris spent a few hours painting the nursery. It’s a lovely soft green, and it looks perfect! I’m so excited, and I can’t wait to get all of the furniture and décor in there. He got up early this morning to start working on the trim but ran out of time and will have to complete that little task later tonight so that it will be done before the new carpet arrives. He’s putting a fresh white coat on the window and the floorboards.

I have finally conceded to the wishes of my family and agreed to stop working earlier than previously planned. I was going to work right up until I had the baby, but I have now given my two weeks notice. They were trying to get me to make this week my last one, but I feel like I’ve compromised pretty well with just two more weeks. My last day at work will be on July 20, which gives me two weeks before my due date even though I think this little girl will be ready to come a little early. Yes, I’ve seen people roll their eyes or try to hide some little knowing facial expression when I say that I think she’s coming early. I know these things can’t truly be predicted and that many first-born babies come late. It’s just a feeling I have. And if I’m wrong? Oh, well, I’ll just be wrong. No matter when she comes, I’m just thrilled that she’ll be mine.

No comments: