Thursday, July 13, 2006

Magical Moments

In the movie Phenomenon, George, played by John Travolta, wins the heart of a woman because he takes interest in her and her work. She makes chairs, and, without her knowledge, he buys them all when no one else will. Moments like that take me in and call me up to something romantic and magical… and then I remember that real life is rarely like that.

Today, I was feeling a bit low. I can’t really explain here what all was going on in my head, but it just wasn’t positive. Then I came home from work and spent a couple hours doing laundry, iron, and mopping the kitchen floor. Just as I was finishing my first run over the floor with the mop, I heard Chris coming in the door behind me. I managed to sigh a greeting and continued to work on the tiles. He just stood by the door. Finally, I leaned the mop against the wall and turned around.

He was holding a bouquet of roses. Beautiful yellow roses tipped in red with a bunch of babies breathe all around. “I thought you could use some flowers,” he said. I took the flowers from him, wrapped my arms around him, and remembered that romance really does exist.

These are much prettier than the picture, but I thought you might like to get an idea of what they look like.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful!!! Go Chris! And not only for buying you roses, but buying you something even prettier than the everyday red!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a typical guy and I like to do things the way I feel ... out of the ordinary. When I saw those roses, it reminded me of you; simple, sweet and wonderful to gaze upon. I just wanted to let you know how I think about you all the time. Luv ya, angel.

Christina said...

Those are so incredible!!! Way to go Chris!! Kay, you totally deserved them!!

Anonymous said...

My goodness Kay! I bet when you are counting your blessings that you count Chris over and over.The roses are beautiful,his comment,Outstanding!What a guy!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»