Thursday, July 27, 2006

Babies on the Brain

Yeah, so I have baby fever. But is it any wonder? I’ve been married for nearly a year, and I’m (gasp) 32. And there have been so many conversations about babies lately; I can’t seem to escape it (not that I really want to). Anyway, it comes down to this: God has a plan, and I trust His plan. Chris and I aren’t really in the position to have children at this time. We don’t have any place to put a baby in our cozy little apartment, and our financial situation certainly cannot support another person. There are a lot of details I would like to work on before a baby comes along. Still I know that you can’t wait until all the factors are right; they never will be. Thus I return to my faith in God’s plan. If He gives us a child; He will also give us a way to take care of that child.

People have told me that I would be a good mother. Two people made that comment just today. I really hope so. Chris is convinced that our first child will be a girl. I hope that he’s right, but I hope that she’s part of a set of twins. We have twins on both sides of our family, so it’s a distinct possibility that we could be blessed with our own set. Again, that’s where God comes in.

Right now our only baby is Bella, our pony-sized dog. Really, she’s rather large. Our nephew Jack actually took a little ride on her a few weeks ago! She’s very rambunctious when other people are around, but she’s the perfect companion when Chris and I are here alone. Right now she’s on the floor behind my chair keeping me company. She likes to be near us, and that’s fine with me.

Here's an old picture of Chris holding our baby Bella!(This was taken before Chris and I were married, and Bella was a bit smaller then.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember taking her to the vet the first couple of times ... she wouldn't lie still for the technician to cut her nails so I would hold her, much like I'm doing in the pic, for them to cut them. She's a little heavier now ... or maybe I'm just out of shape. Either way, at 90 plus lbs, she's a big girl. You try standing with a horse in your arms

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay, I picked up the link to your blog on the scots alumni site. Just wanted to give you a note of encouragement - I had my last child at 43. Easy pregnancy, easy delivery, great baby, wonderful toddler. Healthy and smart. You have time. DiAne Perriguey

Anonymous said...

You very well could be the next one in the family to have twins.Oh that would be lovely!
I know that you will be a great mother because your a wonderful person and a awesome teacher.
I get excited thinking about it...BIG, BIG, SMILE.

Christina said...

You would totally rock as a mother because you have that generous, "I want to take care of you and I actually know how to do it" spirit and abilities (which totally confounds me b/c I don't even know how to take care of myself). It will happen in God's timing--perfect timing--and I hope you have twins too. That would be awesome!!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»