Friday, June 09, 2006

Back on the journey….

Back in 2002 I started the book The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis; it’s all about knowing your own heart and about your relationship with God. I don’t know why, but I stopped just a couple chapters shy of finishing it and the accompanying workbook. In an attempt to find things to occupy my “down time” at work, I start on them again. It’s been an eye opening experience, and I’ve found that I have a journey to finish. I love books written by John Elderidge. I’ve read The Journey of Desire and Wild at Heart, and all three of the books have impacted me in profound ways. However, I feel that since so much time has elapsed since I read them the influence they have had on me has diminished considerably. So, I’m going to read them again. And for that same reason, I plan to reread The Chronicles of Narnia this summer as well.

I guess this is the summer for remembering and renewing for me. I’m also starting to make hemp jewelry again. I used to necklaces and bracelets all the time a few years ago. I thought I’d try to make one for each student in my homeroom for this next year. I thought that might be kind of a cool thing. Eh, we’ll see.

Oh, I finally had some pool time this week. I haven’t been able to get over there at all until now. Chris had to work a little late, so it was just me. Mmmmm, the feel of the warm sun on my skin. I took my CD player over there and my journal. It’s so nice most of the time because there are normally so few people there. At one point I had the place all to myself. After floating around on my little raft for a while, I hopped out, popped on my headphones, and started jotting down my random thought. For the past few years the Maroon 5 CD, Songs About Jane, has been my pool summer soundtrack. I saw them in concert a few years ago when they opened up for John Mayer, and I really enjoyed their performance so much more. John was too preachy; I just wanted him to sing. Just sing, John, sing! I think I actually yelled that at the concert. So annoying. I couldn’t even understand what his point was; he was just rambling. And now I’m rambling. Sorry.

I need some new music. I want something funky, upbeat, and positive. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooh oooooh oooooh, I want hemp jewelry made for me too! Please!
I'm trying to think of cd suggestions for you. But I can't really think of anything funky. I really want the new Wreckers cd. I'll keep thinking about that though.
I think this has been my favorite post of your so far. Just thought I'd share that with you.