Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Questionaire

Here's another fun thing I found at Katy Lin's blog. If you decide to participate, let me know; I'd love to see your responses.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use it all. I like a good mix of gft bags, wrapping paper, decorative tins and boxes, and any other creative means of giving.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Sadly, I’m allergic to trees, so it’s a fake tree for us.

3. When do you put up the tree? We always put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. If it were up to me, it would be up earlier. (:

4. When do you take the tree down? Most people don’t know that the 12 days of Christmas actually starts on Christmas day, so Christmas doesn’t end until January 5. I never take down the tree before Christmas is over!

5. Do you like Egg Nog? It depends on the brand/who makes it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I received a Barbie Dream House when I was 8 or 9, and it was just the best thing I could have imagined. I was absolutely shocked.

7. Hardest person to buy for? In general, I think men are hard to shop for.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Willow Grace. The hard part is not going overboard with her!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! My mother-in-law bought me one that sits on my mantle.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail is the way to go. We decorate the inside of our front door with all the Christmas cards we get each year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I taught I got tons of Christmas goodies, and some of them were not so good.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? That’s hard because I love holiday movies. I love Christmas in Connecticut, the old one with Barbara Stanwick. I also can’t get enough of White Christmas and The Muppet’s Christmas Carol.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes I start in the summer!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep, I have. There’s no sense in things I can’t use gathering dust when I know that someone else would love it. Mostly this has happened with gift cards or gifts I've received from students.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas and favorite Christmas dessert? There’s too many yummy things to choose from.

16. Lights on the tree? We wrap the center of the tree in white to give it a inner glow, and then we put on tons of colored lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas music, so I can't pick just one. I can tell you, guiltily, that my favorite Christmas album is *NSYNC’s. I just can’t help it. We listen to it year round!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both of our families live close, so we don’t have to go far to visit everyone.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? I can name them, sing them-whatever you want. I use to always use that as a bonus question on my final exam before Christmas break. I think the kids worked harder on that question than any other!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We actually have a snowman. I love snowpeople!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I love it all. I love the decorations, the music, the festive attire, shopping for others—just everything. I guess if there were something that annoyed me it would be people who just refuse to try to be cheerful and insist on complaining.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love snowpeople and snowflakes.

24. Handmade ornaments or store bought? We have an eclectic mix.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really don’t want much and can’t think of anything big. I want Sleeping Beauty, some cool barrettes and jewelry, and a few other odds and ends. Really, I just want enough money to buy stuff for everyone else.

1 comment:

katylinvw said...

how fun! i love your Christmas spirit! thanks for playing along