Thursday, February 28, 2008

“It’s only for a season.”

This is what Chris and I keep repeating to each other, and it applies to so many different areas of our lives. Here’s just a few:

(1) His traveling: He won’t always have to be away from home so much. There will come a time when he travels less or not at all. I won’t always have so much of the household and child rearing responsibilities because a time will come when he will be home more.

(2) My job: I will be changing positions at work next year. I will not be teaching! I know that to some this is or has been shocking, but it is where God is leading me for the “such a time as this.” I will be an administrative assistant. Already, I have seen God working through me in reaching out to others in this situation, and I won’t even start that job until this summer!

(3) Our housing: We’re not really sure what’s going to happen here. As I stated in my last post, our lease is up in April, and our landlord is trying to sell our place. So, in all likelihood, we’re going to have to move very soon. The problem is that we aren’t in a place where we can buy a home. There are also other complications. Right now, the best option seems to be moving in with my parents. In that case, we’ll be moving in a few weeks. We’re praying for God’s guidance in where to go – to my parents’ or to another place that He provides.

I will not become anxious about these situations. I will not dwell on the “what ifs.” I will be PATIENT and REST and TRUST GOD and PRAY. This is the only satisfactory way of dealing with the path that God is leading me down. I am excited to see what He is going to do in our lives. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, kid! God will guide you guys every step of the way.

Gordon