Thursday, November 01, 2007

First Halloween

Willow Grace is, of course, too young to trick-or-treat. However, she's not too young to look cute on Halloween.

Playing with Pumpkins


Asleep in Nana's Pumpkin Patch


We wanted to visit both sets of grandparents, but circumstances beyond our control prevented that, and we were only able to visit with Nana and Papa (my parents). I really wish that we'd been able to go both places, but hopefully we can make up for it today or later this week with a trip to Gran Gran and Pop's (Chris's parents).

This morning, I rose bright and early to run down to the Walgreens to pick up a costume for next year for Willow. I'd seen it there last night and knew that it'd be half off today. I ended up buying three costumes, all for under $20! I bought her an adorable princess bee costume for next year. I also bought a Renaissance dress. If she gets the chance to hang out with my during one of the Renaissance Festivals at school, she'll be all set. Also, I bought a Belle costume for her. I already have a Beast costume, and Chris promised me that when she's older he'll take her out and wear the Beast costume so that the two of them can be Beauty and the Beast!

Here are the costumes:



While I was at Walgreens' I received a great tip from a fellow shopper which I will undoubtably do when Willow is a bit older. She said that her friend had gone out just after Halloween and bought a bunch of costumes for her daughter for a costume trunk that she gave her for Christmas. I love that idea! Of course, anyone who knows me is aware that, being theatrical, I love to dress up in costumes. I don't think it would be out of the ordinary for someone to stop by our house sometime in the years to come and to find both Willow Grace and I in costume enjoying a tea party. There's so much to look forward to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh!!! She is gorgeous and getting so big. Wow. She is amazing!!! And has such great parents.

Christina Lael