Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My Brother, My Soldier, My Hero



In the fifteen months he’s been in Iraq, he has weathered many storms -- those literal sand storms that engulf everything there in the desert making routine tasks near impossible as well as unimaginable obstacles and duties which he either can’t or won’t tell us about. Serving his country, he has endured more hardships than I could even begin to recount or will even know including the burning of his barracks and his vehicle being bombed. This is his third tour in a hostile environment, and yet he serves with dignity and honor and bravery.

He hasn't been here to share birthdays, holidays, family dinners and get-togethers, his sons sporting events, the birth of his niece, and so much more. We’ve missed his presence, his laugh, his perspective, his conversation, and his goofy antics.

All of our lives have been altered.

Soon, however, he will return. The wait will be over. This Thanksgiving will be richer. Our lives will be more complete. My brother will be home. I couldn't be happier... or prouder.

No comments: