Sunday, October 15, 2006

What a weekend!

First, we went to see The Crucible on Friday night, performed by the high school students at the school where I work. We have an excellent drama department, and the productions are truly extraordinary. They have won the mid-state competition with the play and will be going to compete for the state in two weeks. I would not be surprised if they won. I did not sense one dishonest moment in the entire rendering of the piece. By that I mean that the actors were committed to their characters and truly inhabited their roles. I was engulfed in the action and quite deeply moved. On the whole, it was quite intense. Most of those actors were either in my class when they were in seventh grade or were in plays I directed while they were in middle school; I was so proud of them. Since I am no longer involved in theater at work, it won’t be long before there are no more students who once were in my plays.

Yesterday morning, after partaking from the breakfast bar at Shoneys, Chris and I set out for the mall to get him a few new things for his birthday. So, this was the rest of our day:
• bought him three flannel shirts, two thermal shirts, and a cool new motorcycle jacket (We’ll have to wait a while longer on the actual motorcycle.)
• popped in for a visit with his mom, ending up staying a couple hours just chatting, sipping on Cokes, and getting new Mary Kay makeup
• dropped by Office Depot for a few supplies for Chris’s office
• wandered around in Steinmart and ended up losing our minds and purchasing a rather large 4’x5’ print (But it was on sale!)
• came home for dinner and watched Glory Road
• checked our bank account online and discovered that once again we are broke!
• went shopping for pants for Chris (using the birthday money from his mom) and groceries (using my birthday money for Chris)
• ran home, dropped off our purchases, and headed back out to meet my parents at Logan’s for appetizers, soft drinks, and conversation
• came home, crawled into bed, and fell asleep watching The Little Mermaid

Today we went to church and endured a rather intense and confusing sermon. I think we’ll be thinking on this one all week. After church we decided to grab some Sonic sweet tea and come back home in order to get a few things around the house. After lunch we proceeded to hang the rather large print we bought yesterday over our couch. Being that we already had art hung there, we had to rearrange a few things. When all was said and done, we moved around artwork in the living room, office, and our bedroom.

Here’s the print over the couch:

What do you think? Isn’t it huge?

After our wall hanging ordeal, we did laundry, ironed, baked cookies for Chris’s birthday, and stripped and remade the bed while Chris gave Bella a bath, vacuumed, and did a little ironing of his own.

I’m exhausted, and now you probably are too after reading all of this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all don't need to know that you remade your bed NAKED. You leave your stripping to yourself. :)

Christina said...

Naked? I missed that part. darn. Omigosh, I absolutely LOVE that painting--so worth it. You have such impeccable taste--why I want to be just like you. Totally understand what you mean about having no $. John and I are still recovering from me being out of work for so long, but I'm back this week after we finally found a dr. that figured it out and gave me some good meds. PTL!!! Love you guys. See ya soon!!!

Anonymous said...

You all had an eventful day, huh? The painting looks awesome.I bet your livingroom looks great.You have very good taste and decorating skills.
Hope Chris had a great birthday.
Ah, yeah,I see,oh well.Wow all that and Bella gets a bath too!

Christina said...

Great to talk to you guys last night. See ya soon!!!

Christina said...

Just read where you don't like polka. That's refreshing. :-)