Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Revolving Around Movies

Well, Chris actually came home earlier than expected last night. I guess it was around 9:30. However, by the time he returned I was deep into a migraine and ended up falling asleep while he tried to unwind by playing video games in the living room.

Out of the blue, he emailed me today to let me know that he had gotten a surprise for me, but he wouldn’t tell me what it was. I had to endure half of my workday in suspense. Though it was difficult and frustrating; it was also fun. I love stuff like that.

I had to work late again today; I’ve been buried under a pile of grading for week. I know people say, “Why don’t you just give less work?” That’s not really up to me. Believe me; I would love to grade fewer essays. Anyway, I really thought that Chris would beat me home. However, I made it home just a few minutes before he did and was walking Bella when he pulled up. When I made it back upstairs into our apartment, he was standing beside the dining room table, and there was a copy of The Little Mermaid on the table. How sweet and thoughtful! He knew that I really wanted it since it came out on DVD last Tuesday. I loved my surprise.

After receiving my surprise we had to take a trip to Staples and ended up going by the video store to rent Click? Have you seen it? It actually has a really good message, and we both enjoyed it. I laughed so hard during one scene that I snorted! I wish that I could laugh that hard more often; it’s not that I enjoy the snorting just the good feeling losing myself in laughter. On a side note, it really made me want to dig out my old Cranberries CD’s. Anyway, I grilled some chicken and put it in salad for dinner, and we enjoyed a quiet evening at home eating dinner and watching a movie. Now Chris is playing video games, and I’m getting ready to resume my never ending chore: laundry.

Tomorrow night looks like it’s shaping up to be a busy one. We have community group first, and then we’re supposed to meet Chris’s old friends for dessert at Blackstone Brewery downtown. I’m sure that I won’t be posting tomorrow night. Hopefully I’ll have a colorful anecdote or two to share from those experiences. I guess it remains to be seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your laughter is very contagious.We would all get tickled over you laughing more than what we were laughing at in the first place.
Surprises are fun.The Little Mermaid is fun to watch to.Makes doing laundry more enjoyable:)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of movies. I NEED SOME!!!! :) Just don't send the Little Mermaid. LOL.