Friday, October 27, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy….

I don’t know why I keep getting tripped up, but I just can’t seem to stay on top of anything. My desk at work is piled with papers to grade, file, and organize. At home, things seem to be in a constant state of disarray. However, as soon as I start to make headway in one direction, I turn around to find that chaos has crept into another area. I need significant blocks of time at both work and home to catch up. Today and tomorrow I have parent conferences at school. With those ending around 12 – 12:30 each day, I have the rest of the afternoon to work in my room. Woo-hoo! I can finally catch up! With any luck, this weekend will afford me the time to knock out the chores I have awaiting me at home.

You may be wondering. “Kay, if you’re so busy, why are you taking the time to type this?” My response to that would be that I’m waiting. I have about fifteen minutes before my next conference starts. Yes, I’m typing this at work and will post it later when I get home. I can’t view my blog from work. Any site which has blog in the address is blocked, and this is one more area where I don’t want to get too far behind. When I’m finished typing this, I’ll e-mail it to my home address, retrieve it after I get home, and post then. I want to keep my blog relatively current. Since I have a limited amount of time for any task at this moment, there’s not really enough time to become fully engaged in any of my other duties. Writing my personal thoughts is easy. That flows quite naturally; it’s the rest of life that seems to carry more obstacles and interruptions. It’s not that those things are necessarily bad; they certainly have their positive points, but I need to find a time to hunker down in my classroom and to be alone at home to just whirlwind my way through all those chores which are now looming over my head.

Despite my lengthy to do list, I still found time to go shopping yesterday, and Chris went with me! It was raining heavily, and he just didn’t want me out alone in it if he could help it. He spent most of his time sitting in one of those little seating areas in the mall and playing games on his phone. Whenever I ask him if he is annoyed with waiting for me, he always reminds me of the song “Waiting on a Woman” by Brad Paisley and tells me that he never minds!

Anyway, yesterday I was able to buy a couple pairs of cute pants at New York and Company and some good smelling body cream and shower gel at Victoria’s Secret, and thanks to my sister-in-law Laura I’ve been turned on to the tarts from Yankee Candle Company. I had to load up on those yesterday. Chris actually went a couple weeks ago and bought me a tart burner and a few tarts, so I replenished our stock yesterday. Oh, and wonder of wonders, I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. I plan to do a little more on Saturday. I have to return to the mall because, after checking my receipt, I discovered that they overcharged me for my pants. However, I’m not bothered; I’ll just get reimbursed and do a little more Christmas shopping.

Two minutes until my next conference…. I better pull myself stuff together and move on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed being with you. We had fun and I just enjoyed being with you in general. I love you so much.