Wednesday, October 10, 2007

She Smiles

Yes, I know. I've been a bad blogger. I guess it's just because I am so enamored with this little one, and I haven't taken much time to be on the computer. But I will try harder to be here if only just to post pictures of my sweet girl.

Last week she started smiling. She smiled from birth, but now she's smiling at people. Last Wednesday morning I went in to check on her. I was wondering why she hadn't started crying to be changed or fed, but she'd been cooing and squeaking in her bed for a while, perfectly content. As I peered over the railing, I greeted her, "Good morning, sweet girl!" She looked up at me with those big round eyes and smiled. It just melted my heart, and I started crying... which was frustrating b/c it was keeping me from seeing her sweet smile, and I didn't want to miss it. I had been trying not to cry since Chris left for his business trip that morning, but seeing that smile couple with missing my husband just broke the levee.

By the way, Chris got a new job. It's all travel. So, we're going to be apart quite a bit, but this job is really what we've been praying for. Maybe, in the not too distant future, we'll be able to move out of this apartment, get a house, and get our dog back. All I know is that it feels like new adventures are ahead.

Here she is reading with Chris. It's never too early to start reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet picture!!

Congratulations on the new job!!