Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hello?

Dear readers, are you there? I keep writing but have been getting no comments. I know that Mom has not been able to read, being that my husband is trying to fix her computer, but what about the rest of you?

I am so tired this week. I think it has something to do with the end of the school year. The students are exhausting me. The end is in sight, and I have little moments of excitement as I count down the days. I have little else to report. I am too tired and need to clean up a few things around the house before I settle in for some blessed sleep.

My birthday is next week, and I am not excited about it. All the illusions of glory that I always have built up in my head never come to fruition on my birthday. It’s like getting all worked up over a new movie that’s supposed to be some incredible blockbuster, but it ends up being just OK. This year I’ve tried to set up a couple things, but they just aren’t working out. So, I don’t want to make a big deal of it. If I don’t have high expectations, I won’t be disappointed.

Mmmm… sleep. The sooner I get all my little chores done, the sooner I get to climb into bed and read until I drift away. That sounds so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here. Did I not comment before? Sorry about that, maybe I didn't. I check every day or two though for a new post.

Awww, please don't get be unexcited about your birthday. I hope it turns out to be wonderful. I've been working on a little somethin' for you. So, hopefully it'll be ready by this weekend.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Since you're taking role call:
Present!